Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Top 7 Tips to Boost Your Mood

Wouldn’t it be amazing if we were all happy 100% of the time, and in a permenently good mood?! I know, it sounds ideal right? However, it is not always possible to be elated every second of the day, especially with the stresses of life such as exams, work, school and general life annoyances.
As someone who is quite partial to a good wallow every now and then, here are a few of the ways I try to lift my mood when I am feeling down.
1) Have a cup of tea.
I know, I know, it’s probably the most British thing that anyone could ever say. However I love the feeling of holding a piping hot mug in my hands and sipping away at my drink, causing my mood to instantly lift.
2) Create a cozy atmosphere.
Light some candles, turn on those fairy lights and snuggle up under a blanket. Like the tea, feeling warm and cozy is another great way to feel comfortable and relaxed in your surroundings, allowing your anxieties to slip away.
3) Read a book/watch TV.
I find that reading or watching a favourite film is a fantastic distraction for your busy mind, and allows you to travel to a world without your stresses and worries, even just for a little while. Often once you have finished the chapter or episode, your thoughts are put into perspective and your problems seem significantly less too.
4) Have a walk.
Having a walk or doing some light exercise is another great way to relieve stress and improve your mood. (See my previous post for more: Time Out With nature ) It is proven to boost endorphins, and I also feel so accomplished and proud of myself once I have done some exercise, so my happiness also increases along with it.
5) Create a happy playlist.
Another way to make yourself feel better is to create a playlist with all of your favourite mood boosting music (mine contains several Disney songs!). However if you don’t want to create your own, Spotify has some pre-made playlists available which are really great.
6) Treat yo’ self!
I believe wholeheartedly that it is vital to treat yourself sometimes! So, choose your treat of choice (my personal favourite is potato waffles) and enjoy yourself! It is important to realise that after a long day you deserve that glass of wine or piece of cake, so just go for it.
7) Have a chat.
It is so important that you vocalise your feelings, whether it is with a friend or a family member. They will always be there to listen, and often saying out loud what is upsetting you will immediately make you feel somewhat better. Having a conversation with someone may also lead you on to a different topic entirely, causing you to forget all about what was originally wrong.
So, these are just some of the ways that I try and cheer myself up, I hope this has helped you too.

No comments