Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Pink Hair Don't Care

For about three years now I have wanted to dye my hair a crazy colour. I used to sit at school with my friends endlessly scrolling google images, yet I always shut down the idea of having it done. I have previously had my hair highlighted, however that is rather tame  in comparison to a colour such as pink.
Due to the fear of standing out and being noticed, I put off dying my hair for so long. However, since starting university I have tried to embrace the idea of doing things out of my comfort zone, so I decided to take the plunge.
After several hours of trawling what felt like a hundred different shades of pink hair on Pinterest, and a bit of encouragement from my friends, I finally booked myself an appointment.
I was lucky enough to be booked in with the head colourist at the salon, so that immediately filled me with confidence and diminished my internal monologue of “Oh my God what am I doing to myself?!”
The consultation was really helpful, and she helped me to choose the shade of pink that I wanted after I showed her the pictures I liked. We also decided it would be better to get my hair ombréd so that the colour would grow out ‘naturally’, without leaving me horrendous roots that would require a lot of maintenance and upkeep.
The overall process took about two and a half hours, and involved me having my entire head of hair backcombed so that the colour would blend in better, without creating a line or appearing as one solid block of colour. I then had the ends of my hair bleached and the colour applied.


I am so happy with the results, and I can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner. Now I can’t imagine myself without pink hair.

No comments