Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Summer Smoothie Recipes

Summer seems to finally be here, so what better way to celebrate the occasion than to share with you some of my favourite summer smoothie recipes! I went through a phase of hating smoothies when I had to churn them out all day at the coffee shop I used to work in. However now that traumatic experience has almost fully left my mind, I have started to really enjoy them again. I will admit though that the first few that I made didn't turn out too good, and actually ended up looking like polyjuice potion, much to my friend's disgust/amusement. Now that I've had a little more practice, here are my favourites:

Ultimate Pink Smoothie

What says summer more than a brightly coloured pink smoothie?!

18622974_755745644596829_1451016161_n

To Make:
  • 1 banana
  • Handful of raspberries
  • Handful of strawberries
  • 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
  • Top up with orange juice

Blueberry Blitz

I did this as a smoothie bowl and added chia seeds and raisin granola for an extra crunch!

18678759_757115421126518_1443215202_n

To Make:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of frozen blueberries
  • 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons honey

Glowing Green

It has been scientifically proven that avocados can improve your skin, giving you a natural glow, and along with the spinach which is rich in antioxidants, this smoothie has amazing health benefits. 

To Make:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of baby spinach
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Handful of chopped mango chunks
  • Handful of chopped pineapple chunks

Chocolate Peanut Shake

Although it looks unhealthy, it actually contains cacao powder, which is a superfood and a healthier substitute for chocolate powder.    

18685640_757119284459465_1253808550_n   

To Make: 
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
  • 2-3 teaspoons cacao powder
  • 3 tablespoons natural yogurt

Extra Tips:
  1. Blend in chia seeds for extra protein
  2. Add orange juice or soya milk if you prefer your smoothie to be thinner
  3. Blend in a few ice cubes or use frozen berries for a colder drink

No comments