Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Dying My Own Hair Pink

Since getting my hair dyed pink over Easter, I have felt a lot more confident and just a little bit badass! However, as my hairdresser explained, pink is a 'fashion colour' and is therefore only semi-permanent, and can wash out. She recommended a self-dye brand to me called Crazy Color, which I can use to top up the colour whilst I'm at university and cannot go back to the salon regularly. I should also mention that it will only work on bleached or very light hair.

18644655_757135761124484_638837441_n

So, without further ado, this is how I dye my hair:

What you'll need:
  • Shampoo
  • Hairbrush
  • Towel
  • Crazy Colour hair dye
  • Plastic gloves

How I dye my hair:

Step 1
Wash your hair with your normal shampoo, but don't use a conditioner.

Step 2
Towel dry your hair. I also like to brush it through at this stage to remove any knots, which makes it easier to apply the dye.

Step 3
Once my hair is brushed through, I split it into four sections to make applying the dye quicker and easier 

Step 4
Make sure that you are wearing gloves. Squirt the dye on to your hand (I use the shade Candyfloss) and apply to one of the sections of hair. I apply slightly more than necessary to make sure I get the colour I want, and to also make sure that I don't miss any strands of hair. As my hair has been bleached as a dip dye in the salon, I normally only need to use just under half a bottle. My natural hair colour is quite a dark blonde, so I also don't need to be as careful when applying the dye, because it will only colour the pre-bleached areas and not my natural hair colour. 

Step 5
Once you have applied all of the dye, wait 15-30 minutes (I normally wait for 30 so I get maximum colour pay-off), and rinse out the dye in the shower until the water runs clear (You don't need to shampoo it out).

Step 6
Style your hair!

Tips and After Care
  • I wear a dark t-shirt whilst applying the dye, so that it doesn't stain. As soon as I have finished, I just remove any dye that has got onto the t-shirt with a makeup wipe before it dries, and it completely removes any stain.
  • To maximise the colour longevity, only apply shampoo to your roots when washing your hair, and only apply conditioner to the ends, to keep them frizz-free and in good condition.

18788312_758736750964385_2127631439_n 

Disclaimer: I use Crazy Color because it was recommended to my by my hairdresser, as it does not damage your hair. You can use whatever brand of dye you wish, and the process will be very similar. Just follow the instructions on the box :)

No comments